Tuesday, January 7, 2014

rise

 
I took a much needed day off from blogging and even from my word of the day challenge.  I was feeling so tired I couldn't even pick up a pen.
That said today is another day!
I had wonderful visits from two of our girlfriends who are participating in the 1 little word challenge.
 
Both Kathy Clark and Abbie Campbell both stopped by and both are creating amazing things in this challenge. 
 
 Kathy is doing amazing things with her beautifully worn dictionary!  I love her words, I love her art and I love her!  Kathy is far more organized than I am and she is doing some great stuff and keeping track of which word she does on which day in her pocket calendar...I am so impressed and you can bet I will be dating my words from here on.
 
Abbie is my fragile, funny, lovely friend who never leaves me without leaving a part of herself behind.  Just listening to her story and her challenges was heart wrenching but the most perfect part is that she won't allow those things to stop her and her wide open heart is filled with great joy and love..  She willingly shares that love and always leaves me feeling so much better.
 
If the only thing I ever got from this challenge is that I am connecting with friends old and new it is the best thing that could ever happen.  It is so humbling to me to be part of this adventure.  I am humbled by the amazing women and girls sharing the journey .
 
Today I chose the word rise.
I choose to rise above my challenges like Abbie does every day.
I choose happy like my friend Heidi Swapp
I choose to be organized like Kathy.
I choose to reclaim my life like Lisa.
 
I am rising...I will fly....I will choose to soar!
 
Challenge:
find the qualities you want to incorporate into your life and let them become your words
 
Promise:
you will change lives with your efforts to rise.
 
Please welcome Diane Bye and our youngest artist Anna!  I am so happy you are joining us!  If you haven't joined the facebook group 1 little word please do....That is where I get to see all your beautiful work.
 
always,
michele

1 comment:

  1. I'm not exactly sure what your word challenge is, but obviously you love words and the power they have. I have written blogs and journal entries about words, and have even considered writing a book on different words and my thoughts on them. I will keep an eye on your blog. I haven't written in mine for a while, but will start again soon. It is leslietrosper.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete